Sysco Recruiter Event *
* This visit was canceled. Please check our Job Placement page for upcoming recruiter visits and postings on the job board.
Monday, August 15, 2016 - 1:00pm
Sysco has a location in Eagan MN. They are currently looking for Class A CDL Drivers and will be having a driver recruiting event at our South St. Paul location.
At Sysco, we’re much more than food. We’re about everything that surrounds it. Our passion for food and our customers has made us the industry leader. Sysco has the talent and reach to go beyond the needs and expectations of our customers. Because it’s our people who are driving the changes to the way we make food possible.
These delivery positions responsible for driving a tractor trailer for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products for Sysco customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations and Sysco Safety Preferred Work Methods.
Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management team of any deviations.
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72 inches to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Operate assigned STS unit to generate invoices. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required, and turn in all funds collected daily.
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco policies and procedures.
- Perform coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer as needed.
- Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
- Follow SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, STS unit, and personal protective equipment.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 21+ years of age
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver License with a "clean" driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Possess and be able to present a valid non-expired interstate Medical Examiner’s Certificate Card (MEC).
(You may be asked to provide: MEC issue date, first and last name of Medical Examiner, Medical Examiner’s license or certificate number, and state of issue, as well as Medical Examiner’s national registry number at time of application.)
- Self-certified as a non-exempted interstate driver with the state licensing agency that issued the CDL (commercial driver license)
(Please note: effective May 21, 2014 medical examiners performing DOT medical certifications must be registered and certified in the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME), and the examiner’s certification date must precede the physical date.)
- Pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check).
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- 2 years’ local food or beverage delivery experience
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, the following certifications:
- Double and Triple Trailer
- Hazardous Cargo
- Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience
- Previous experience at Sysco or in foodservice industry
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals.
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
For more information on Sysco and other truck driving companies, call us at 651-735-9250
- Approved For Veterans Using GI Bill Benefits
- Made in America
- Since 1998